The word “ardha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “half”, “beka” meaning “frog” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your chest with your legs together and your forearms beside your body.
- Inhaling lift your chest up, exhaling bend your right knee and hold your right ankle resting the right thigh on the mat.
- Press your right heel into your right buttock.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Release your right hand, place your right forearm besides your right chest.
- Straighten your right knee, place your feet on the mat.
- Drop your chest on the mat and relax in makrasana.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening the muscles of the back.
- It helps in stretching the quadriceps and hip muscles.
- It helps in rejuvenating the knees.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in stretching the chest, throat and absomen.
Hypertension, Low blood pressure, Migrane, Insomnia, Shoulder injury, Neck injury, Low back injury.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert