The word “ardha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “half”, “matsya” meaning “fish”, “indra” meaning “king” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your legs straight and your feet together.
- Keep your spine straight and your hands beside your body.
- Now bend your right knee and place your right foot below your buttocks.
- Bend your left knee, place your left foot on the outer side of your right thigh, your left knee should be 90 degree to the mat.
- Now cross your right hand over your left thigh and hold your left ankle.
- Place your left hand behind, turn your trunk and your head on your left.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now turn your trunk and head to the centre, release your right hand and place your both hands beside your body.
- Stretch your legs and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in increasing the flexibility of the spine.
- It helps to improve the capacity of the lungs.
- It helps in improving the functioning of reproductive organs.
- It helps in strengthening the back muscle and spine.
- It helps in curing indigestion and constipation.
Severe back pain, Neck pain, Lumbar spondylosis, Pregnancy.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert