The word “ashta” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “eight”, “vakra” meaning “curve” or “bend” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your spine straight and legs stretched infront.
- Bend your right knee get it closer to your chest, place your right palm between your legs closer to your groin.
- Lift your right foot such that your right calf muscles parallel to the mat and place your right thigh behind your arm.
- Your chest should be facing the wall infront and your right elbow slightly bent.
- Now lift your left leg and cross your right ankle over your left ankle.
- Place your left palm beside your left thigh.
- Inhaling lift your buttocks of the mat.
- Try to maintain balance , exhaling straighten your legs.
- Inhaling bend your elbows and bend forward.
- Suck your abdomen in, tighten your abs.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly bend your knees, drop your hips on the mat.
- Release your legs, lay them straight and relax.
- It helps in strengthening the arms and wrists.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in improving balance.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety.
Shoulder, elbow, wrist injuries.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert