This asana is named after the saint in Hindu mythology “Bharadvaja” who is one of the seven saints (saptarishi) and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your legs stretched, your spine and knees straight and keep your hands beside your body.
- Bend your right knee, place your right foot beside your right hip.
- Place your left toe on your right upper thigh, your right knee lying in the front.
- Now place your right palm on your left knee and hold your left ankle with your left palm.
- Turn your head towards your left.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly shift your head to the center and place your hands beside your body.
- Release your left foot stretch your legs keeping your knees straight and relax.
- It helps in toning the core.
- It helps in increasing the flexibility of shoulders.
- It helps in strengthening the back muscles.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in opening the hip.
Knee injury, Hip injury, Severe back pain.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert