This asana is named after the saint in Hindu mythology “Bharadvaja” who is one of the seven saints (saptarishi) and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit on the mat with your legs stretched out, your knees straight, spine straight.
- Shift on your right buttock bend your knees, your feet on the floor outside your left hip and your feet together.
- Keep your right palm on your left knee, hold your right elbow with your left palm and look behind.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now get your hands beside your body, stretch your legs and relax.
- Repeat this on the opposite side.
- It helps in stretching spine, shoulders and hips.
- It helps in massaging the abdominal organs.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It helps in relieving lower back ache, neck pain and sciatica.
- It helps in the case of carpel tunnel syndrome.
Diarrhoea, Headache, Hypertension, Insomnia, Low blood pressure, menstruation.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert