The word “krounch” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “heron” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your legs straight and keep them together, your spine straight and hands beside your body.
- Bend your right and place your right foot besides your right hip, your right calf and thigh together.
- Now slowly lift your left leg up towards the ceiling making 90 degree angle to the floor.
- Hold your left foot with your hands.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now release your hands and place them beside your body.
- Drop your left leg on the mat, stretch your right leg and place it beside your left leg and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in stretching the back, hips and hamstrings.
- It helps in stimulating heart and abdominal organs.
- It helps in relieving flat foot and flatulence.
- It helps in improving digestion.
Severe knee injury, Ankle injuries, Severe low back pain, Menstruation.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert