The word “mala” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “garland” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Stand straight with your legs apart.
- Now slowly bend your knees get your hips closer to your knees.
- Press your elbows to the inner thighs and join your palms infront of your chest.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now release your hands, straighten your knees and relax.
- It helps in stretching ankles, groin, back.
- It helps in improving the balance.
- It helps in toning the belly.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in strengthening the metabolism.
Acute low back pain, Knee injury.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert