The word “pincha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “feather”, “mayura” meaning “peacock” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your chest, get your legs together and your palms beside your chest.
- Come up on your palms and heels, lift your hips up keeping your legs straight and look down to your knees.
- Now place your forearms on the mat such that they are parallel to each other.
- Walk forward with your feet.
- Now take your right foot of the mat, bend your right knee and slowly lift your leg up towards the ceiling.
- Lift your left leg also up towards the ceiling.
- Your legs, back and neck should be in the same line and your head off the mat between your forearms.
- It helps in stretching muscles of legs, back, neck and abdomen.
- It helps in strengthening arms, back and shoulders.
- It helps in improving concentration.
- It helps to relieve stress and depression.
Back injury, Shoulder injury, Neck injury, Headache, Hypertension, Cardiovascular diseases, menstruation.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert