The word “tittibha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “fly” or “insect” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”. It is commonly called as “fire fly pose” in English.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder width apart apart.
- Exhaling bend forward, place your right shoulder behind your right knee and left shoulder behind your left knee with palms resting on the floor.
- Now slowly bend down resting your thighs on your arms.
- Firmly press your palms on the mat, bend your elbows and slowly lift your legs off the mat.
- Straighten your elbows and lift your legs in forward and upward direction with your knees straight.
- It helps in stretching the groins and spine.
- It helps in strengthening the arms and wrists.
- It helps in toning the abdomen.
- It helps in improving the balance.
Shoulder injury, Elbow injury, Wrist injury, Low back injury, Frozen shoulder, Severe low back pain.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert