The word “uttana” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “intense” or “extended”, “shisho” meaning “puppy” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Now come on your palms and knees, your back forming the table top.
- Your shoulders exactly above your wrists and hips above your knees.
- Bend your elbows place them on the mat, rest your arms on the mat.
- Place your chest and chin on the mat.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Lift your chest up, elbows off the mat.
- Now sit on your heels and relax in vajrasana.
- It helps in stretching your spine and shoulders.
- It helps in relieving your stress, anxiety.
- It helps in relieving insomnia.
- It helps in fortifying the body.
Knee injuries, Severe low back pain.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert