The word “vira” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “hero” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Keep your knees together, slowly slide your feet apart keeping them hip width apart.
- Your toes pointing the wall behind and buttocks on the floor between your feet.
- Keep your spine straight, pull your shoulders slightly behind.
- Keep your palms on your thighs.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now get your palms beside your body, sit on your heels and relax in vajrasansa.
- It helps in stretching thighs, knees, ankles and feet.
- It helps in relieving leg pains.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in curing flatulence and bloating.
- It helps in alleviating hypertension and asthma.
Ankle injuries, Knee injuries, Osteoarthritis of knees.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert