The word “adho” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “downward”; “mukha” meaning “facing”; “svana” meaning “dog” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Come up on your knees and palms, your palms shoulder width apart and knees hip width apart.
- Take a deep breath, exhaling lift your hips up.
- Keep your knees and elbows straight, toes pointing wall infront.
- Look towards your navel.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly come on your knees and palms and relax in shashankasana.
- It helps in rejuvenating and energizing the body.
- It helps in increasing the lung capacity.
- It helps in stretching the spine.
- It helps in strengthening the shoulders, arms, legs and feet.
- It helps in increasing the circulation to brain.
- High blood pressure, Carpel tunnel syndrome, Shoulder injury, Weak eye capillaries, Diarrhoea
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga Expert.