The word “agni” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “fire”, “stamba” meaning “statue” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your spine straight, your legs stretched infront and legs together.
- Keep your hands beside your body.
- Now bend your left leg at knee and place your left foot closer to your groin.
- Bend your right leg at knee and place your right foot over your left thigh.
- Keep your right knee exactly above your left foot.
- Inhaling join your palms infront of your chest.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Release your hands, place them beside your body and stretch your legs one after the other and relax.
- It helps in stretching the hips and groins.
- It helps in strengthening the legs and calves.
- It helps in stimulating the abdominal organs.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety.
- It helps in calming the mind.
Low back injury, Knee injury.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert