The word “ananda” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “happy”, “bala” meaning “baby” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your back with your hands beside your body and legs together.
- Take a deep breath while your exhaling bend your knees get them closer to your chest.
- Your knees should be wider than your chest and your heels exactly above your knees.
- Now hold your feet with your hands.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Release your hands, drop your legs on the mat and relax in shavasana.
- It helps in stretching groins and spine, hamstrings and inner thighs.
- It helps in calming the brain.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It helps in opening up chest and shoulders.
- It helps in massaging the abdominal organs.
Knee injury, Neck injury, pregnancy.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert