The word “anjaneya” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “lord hanuman” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Now come on your toes and palms into mountain pose.
- Lift your right leg up towards the ceiling get your right foot forward between your palms.
- Now drop your left knee on the mat, lift your both hands above the head and join your palms.
- Push your hips forward, drop your head back and look at the wall behind.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now lift your head, keep your spine straight and drop your hands on either side of your right foot.
- Lift your left knee off the mat, get your right leg back and relax in vajrasana.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening the glutes and quadriceps
- It helps in opening up the hip muscles, chest.It helps to improve the balance.
- It helps in relieving sciatica.
- It helps in stimulating the digestive and reproductive organs.
Hypertension, Knee injuries, frozen shoulder.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert