The word “ardha” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “half”; “chakra” meaning “wheel” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder width apart, your hands beside your body.
- Now lift your both hands above your head, join your palms.
- Inhaling arch back pushing your hip forward, drop your head back looking at the wall behind and your knees straight.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now exhaling slowly come back to the center and drop your hands beside your body.
- It helps in stimulating the abdominal organs.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in relieving upper back pain.
- It helps in toning the lower back muscles.
- It helps in curing menstrual disorders.
Headaches, Migrane, Varicose veins, Insomnia, Diarrhoea, Low blood pressure should avoid this asana.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert