The word “chakra” is derived from Sanskrit word meaning “wheel” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your back, keep your hands beside your body, feet together.
- Now bend your both legs at knee.
- Take your hands up towards your face with the fingers pointing towards you, palms touching the mat.
- Now slowly place palms firmly on the, mat putting the weight on the palms and the feet.
- Slowly start lifting your hips up, the entire weight on the feet, palms and the crown of the head.
- Now slowly lift the crown of the head off the mat, the entire weight is only on your palms and feet.
- Keep your head relaxed and keep breathing.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly drop the crown of the head, hips, lower back, middle back, upper back.
- Release your hands, stretch out your legs.
- Lie down in shavasana.
- It helps in strengthening in liver, pancreas and kidneys.
- It helps in stretching the chest and lungs.
- It helps in strengthening arms, shoulders, hands, wrist and legs.
- It helps in stimulating the thyroid and pituitary gland.
- It helps in improving energy.
Back injury, Heart problems, Diarrhoea, Headache, Carpel Tunnel syndrome, High blood pressure, Hernia should avoid this asana.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert