The word “kati” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “wheel” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Stand straight keeping your legs hip width apart and toes pointing in the front.
- Now keep your arms stretched at the shoulder level.
- Keep your right hand behind your hip, your left palm on your right shoulder and twist your hip towards your right.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now twist your hips infront and get your arms at the shoulder level.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in burning abdominal fat.
- It helps in improving the flexibility of the spine.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in curing constipation.
- It helps in combating asthma, cough and tuberculosis.
Hernia, Slipped disc, Spinal injuries, Cervical spondylitis, any Abdominal surgeries, High blood pressure and during pregnancy one should avoid this asana.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert