The word “marchiya” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “a ray of light” and “asana “meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your spine straight and your legs stretched infront.
- Keep your legs straight and toes together.
- Bend your left knee, your left calf muscle below your left thigh and your left foot closer to your hips.
- Now bend your right knee, get your foot closer to your hips, left chin bone making 90 degree to the mat and your right knee exactly above your right ankle.
- Cross your right hand infront of your shin bone and get it behind.
- Take your left hand from behind and hold your left wrist with your right hand.
- Now slowly bend forward and get your forehead to your left knee.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly lift your head up, release your hands , stretch your legs and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in stimulating the abdominal organs.
- It helps in calming the mind.
- It helps in stretching the spine and shoulders.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in relieving back pain.
Asthma, Diarrhoea, Frozen shoulder.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert