The word “marchiya” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “a ray of light” and “asana“ meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your spine straight and legs stretched infront.
- Keep your legs together, your knees straight and toes pointing up towards the ceiling.
- Now bend your right knee and get your right foot closer to your hips.
- Cross your right hand infront of your shin bone and get it behind.
- Take your left hand from behind and hold your left wrist with your right hand.
- Twist towards to your right and turn your head to your right and look at the wall behind.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly come back to the center, release your hands , stretch your right leg and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in stretching the spine, shoulders.
- It helps in opening the chest.
- It helps in calming the brain.
- It helps in improving digestion.
- It helps in stimulating abdominal organs.
Asthma, Diarrhoea, Knee injuries, Frozen shoulder.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert