The word “mayur” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “peacock” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “asana”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Keep your palms on the mat such that the palms are facing towards your body.
- Now press your palms on the mat, bend your head forward and bend your elbows.
- Slowly lift your legs off the mat one after the other keeping them straight such that tey are parallel to the mat.
- Now lift your head up balancing the whole body weight on your hands.
- Tighten your abdomen and look forward.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly drop your legs down , bend your knees, sit on your heels and relax.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in controlling diabetes.
- It helps in toning reproductive system.
- It helps in improving sexual activity.
- It helps in strengthening spine, shoulders, elbows and wrist.
Frozen shoulder, Injury to wrist, elbows and shoulders, Hernia, Hypertension, Heart related disorders, Brain tumor, Infections in eye, ear, nose, during menstruation and pregnancy one should avoid this asana.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert