The word “nata” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “dancer”, “raja” meaning “king” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Stand straight with your both legs together and your hands beside your body.
- Now slowly bend forward halfway down such that your chest is parallel to the mat and lift your right leg up.
- Bend your right knee and hold your right ankle with your right palm.
- Keep your left hand stretched in front of your chest.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly drop your leg down and your hands beside your body.
- Repeat this asana with the left leg.
- It helps in strengthening your chest, hips, legs and ankles.
- It helps to improve metabolism and helps to reduce weight.
- It helps to improve digestion.
- It helps to improve balance.
- It helps in stretching the abdomen, thighs and groin.
Low blood pressure, Acute knee pain.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert