The word “pasa” is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning “noose”, “tie”, “snare” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Sit with your spine straight and legs together.
- Bend your knees and lift your hips two inches off the mat.
- Press your feet firmly on the mat.
- Now get your right hand to cross it over your left knee, left hand behind your back and interlock the fingers.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Release your hands, sit on your buttocks, stretch your legs and relax.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
- It helps in strengthening the ankles.
- It helps in stretching spine, groins and thighs.
- It helps in opening up the chest and shoulders.
- It helps in stimulating abdominal organs.
- It helps in improving posture.
Knee injury, lower back injury, herniated disc.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert