The word “sethu” is derived from Sanskrit word meaning “bridge”, “bandha” meaning “lock” or “bind” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your back with your legs together, hands beside your body.
- Now bend your both legs at knees and get your feet closer to your hips.
- While you inhale slowly lift your hips off the mat as much as you can (lift your hips, lower back and middle back off the mat if possible).
- Hold your ankles with your palms.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- While you exhale slowly drop your hips down on the mat, slowly stretch your legs and relax in shavasana.
- It helps in stimulating the thyroid gland.
- It helps in relieving back pain, neck pain, tennis elbow.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in maintain healthy nervous system.
- It helps in reducing the stress.
Shoulder injury, Severe Neck pain, Sever Back pain, Knee injury should avoid this asana.
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert