The word “urdhva” is derived from Sanskrit word meaning “upward”; “mukha” meaning “facing” and “asana” meaning “posture” or “seat”.
Steps To Be Followed:
- Lie down on your chest with your legs together.
- Keep your palms beside your hips.
- Now inhaling slowly come up making your elbows straight, pull your shoulder blades behind.
- Lift your hips, thighs and knees off the mat.
- Your weight resting on your palms and feet.
- Stay in this posture for 7-10 breaths (each breath must be 6-8 seconds).
- Now slowly lie down on your chest and relax in makarasana.
- It helps in strengthening the back.
- It helps in relieving lower back pain.
- It helps in strengthening the arms and wrist.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It helps in relieving sciatica, depression and fatigue.
Back injuries, Carpel tunnel syndrome, Headaches, Pregnancy
Disclaimer:- Please practice under the supervision of Yoga Teacher/ Yoga expert